[CnD] Tips for cooking eggs?

Nicole Massey nyyki at gypsyheir.com
Mon Aug 1 20:28:43 GMT 2011

I don't fry eggs because I don't eat them that way, but I would think that
an egg ring would help this process greatly, as it would contain the egg and
give you a good idea where it is.

If you don't have egg rings or can't afford them, try locating a tuna can
with sealed lids on both the top and bottom and removing those. (You don't
want the kind with  a curved bottom as there's no way to cut the bottom off
cleanly) Use an inset type can-opener instead of one of the currently
fashionable side of the can openers, as you want the rim on top and bottom
to help give the ring more stability and to potentially minimize scratching
non-stick pans. (You're probably not going to avoid the scratching, however,
so using a normal metal pan without a nonstick coating or a cast iron
skillet is probably better) I'd also wash the rings a time or two to get rid
of any tuna oils on them.