[CnD] muffin tips?

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 03:40:57 GMT 2011

Hi all,
I plan on making chocolate chip pumpkin muffins tomorrow or Friday.
This will be my first "solo" cooking attempt (though I will have a
sighted family member who loves to cook close by for emergencies). I
wonder if anyone has any tips for muffins? I have a recipe, one sent
to this list in fact. I am referring to any tips for preparing,
testing for doneness, and the like. Specifically, how do you pour
batter into muffin tins? I tried pouring some cupcake batter a couple
months ago, and it didn't go well (the batter went everywhere, and
some even made it into the tin I was aiming for). However, that was
using an ice cream scoop; this time, I plan to usone of my braille
measuring spoons, since they have a sort of spout on the front which
should make the batter easier to pour. If the batter turns out to be
thick enough, I will probably just use a small, regular spoon and fill
the tins that way. Will this work, or is there anything simpler I can
do that you have found works well for filling muffin tins, and not
losing half the batter to the top of the muffin pan, the table, and
everywhere else it isn't supposed to go?

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry that this message is so long
and rambling. Perhaps I should have written it tomorrow when I am more
awake, but I wanted to get it out there as soon as I could.

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)