[CnD] convection ovens and cook times?

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 00:25:11 GMT 2011

Hi all,
Tomorrow is the big day: my first try at cooking alone. As I said
yesterday, though, I will have my sister there (who loves to cook) to
operate the oven since it has no braille. She said that she will not
use the convection oven, but rather the regular, since convection
throws off cook times. I am wondering if there is a rule of thumb, or,
better still, a conversion, for non-convection to convection? I assume
that all the recipes sent to this list have cook times for
non-convection ovens, unless otherwise specified, but my sister says
that convection is better in most cases and she prefers to use it.

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)