[CnD] replacing cake mixes?

Shannon Wells oldtimechristian at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 11:45:39 GMT 2011

Alex, there are many recipes online for cakes made from scratch. Honestly, in my opinion, they are much better than box cake mixes and do not take that much more time to make. If it were me replacing a box mix in a recipe, I would use about 2-1/2 cups self rising flour, if it is a white or yellow cake mix, and 1-3/4 cup self rising flour and 3/4 cup hersheys coco if it's chocolate. If you want to use all purpose flour, you'll need to add about 1-1/2 tsp baking soda, 1-1/2 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt. Hope this helps.
Shannon Nicole Wells, author
http://www.wildheartbook.com
http://oldtimechristian.blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/authorshannon