[CnD] Requesting Recipes

Katie Chandler kchandler2005 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 11 01:28:14 GMT 2011

 Hi Debbie,
Here is one I got from a friend of mine that is diabetic. She and her
husband made this and brought it to a meeting we had and no one could tell
it had no real sugar in it. It was really good.  So diabetics and non
diabetics can enjoy this one. Smile
Katie

Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:

3 C flour

1 ½ C sugar

1t cinnamon

1 t salt

1 t baking powder

3/4 t baking soda

2 C shredded unpeeled zucchini

1 C oil

3 eggs

Optional:

1 CD chopped nuts

1 C raisins

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In large bowl stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder,
baking soda, and zucchini (add options).

In another bowl, beat eggs and oil. Pour over flour mixture and stir until
moistened.

Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake for approximately 1 hour. Inserted
toothpick should come out clean.

Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Allow loaves to
cool completely before wrapping in aluminum foil. Store in refrigerator or
freeze for later use.