[CnD] Mistake on information on recipe

Katie Chandler kchandler2005 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 11 16:52:23 GMT 2011

  Hey gang,

I am Thankful to Alice, emailing me to re read this following recipe on
Zucchini Bread that I posted the other day, on the list when some one had ask for a recipe on Zucchini Bread.  I am so sorry, I had said it was a diabetic recipe, since, I was given it from a friend, here in town, that is a  diabetic and never bakes anything with real sugar. She substitutes splinda instead of sugar.  She had made this and brought it to a meeting we went too, and, I thought it was splenda that she must be calling sugar.  It is not.  This is made with the real sugar. She use to make it before she became diabetic.  I re post it below.  But it is really good for those like myself that  can have sugar.  Sorry for that mistake.  I will see if I do have one that  has no real sugar in it. smile
  Katie

                    Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:

3 C flour
1 ½ C sugar
1t cinnamon
1 t salt
1 t baking powder
3/4 t baking soda
2 C shredded unpeeled zucchini
1 C oil
3 eggs

Optional:

1 CD chopped nuts
1 C raisins

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In large bowl stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and zucchini (add options).
In another bowl, beat eggs and oil. Pour over flour mixture and stir until moistened.
Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake for approximately 1 hour. Inserted toothpick should come out clean.

Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Allow loaves to cool completely before wrapping in aluminum foil. Store in refrigerator or freeze for later use.