[CnD] dinner tonight

Denise dlmillette at friendlycity.net
Thu Aug 11 23:27:56 GMT 2011

Hey guys!  Thank you for the roast recipes.  Tonight I cooked a pork roast
with red skinned potatoes.  I got a 4 lb. picnic roast. (Still not quite
sure what a picnic roast is but it was good!) and a bag of red skinned
potatoes.  I didn't measure anything but just rubbed some garlic powder,
onion salt, salt and pepper on the roast.  I cut up six poatatoes in
quarters and tossed them in a Ziploc with a little oil and the remaining
garlic, onion and salt and pepper. I placed the roast in a glass dish and
layered the potatoes around it.  Then covered it with foil and placed it in
a 350 degree oven for about 1 our and 45 minutes.   I then let it sit on top
of the stove for another 15 minutes.

I have never done a roast in the oven andI am not used to not having a
specific recipe so I was pretty proud of myself and how it turned out.

Oh, my husband loved it and my 2 year old loved the potatoes!  He is still
pretty picky when it comes to new things so I'm not surprised he didn't eat
the roast!LOL

Thanks for all the help!

Denise Millette

Discovery Toys Educational Consultant