[CnD] Dessert Suggestion

Abby Vincent aevincent at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 12 04:08:25 GMT 2011

Here's Melinda Lee's version of this special treat, chocolate fondue.  I use
half dark chocolate and half milk chocolate.  It's finicky about melting, so
be sure the milk is at room temp. Bananas also work well for dipping.  If a
chafing dish is too much gracious living for you, you can just gather around
the stove with serving spoons and scoop out the chocolate.

12 ounces, semi-sweet chocolate
*Note: this is one time when the quality of the chocolate makes a big
difference.
3/4 cup, half & half
1-2 Tablespoon, Grand Marnier or other liqueur [Optional]

For dipping:
Cubes of pound cake, angel food cake or sponge cake
Marshmallows
Strawberries
Toasted Almonds
Pieces of assorted fruit (pat dry so fondue will "stick" to fruit)

Combine all ingredients in a fondue pot (or heavy-bottomed saucepan or
chafing dish) and melt over very low heat, stirring almost constantly, just
until mixture is smooth. Serve immediately with interesting things to dip.