[CnD] Deep Fryers

Lora Leggett kc8gmt at comcast.net
Sat Aug 13 01:45:20 GMT 2011

I use the Rival Cool Touch deep fryer.  I had to have mine replaced twice
because of a power problem.  The second time they replaced it with a
different model but it works the same way.  There are no real tactile marks
but the slide control goes downward as the temperature goes higher.  The
highest is 375 and I usually use 350.  It is just a little ways higher than
all the way down and I just leave it set.  I really do not use the timer
that it has, I just leave it in the On position and use other means to time.
There is a Ready light but I just wait five to seven minutes after I plug it
in to warm up the oil.
It is so safe because the basket with the food drops down into the oil and
you close the lid so no splashing.  You pull up the handle and drain the oil
and take it out by the handle and I pour the food onto a cookie sheet with
paper towels so as not to get it on the counter or the floor.
Then i fill up the basket with another batch and wait just a few minutes for
the oil to come back up to temperature.  I love it because I never fear
getting burned or splashed.  There are two lines inside the metal pan where
the oil goes and they are called minimum and maximum and you pour oil to a
depth just in between those lines and check each time you use it because oil
can evaporate.
Unfortunately my deep fryer is on hold right now because my husband has just
come home from his second hospital stay and is currently on a feeding tube
and I am a newly diagnosed diabetic.  I will come back to it of course but
too much going on right now so I do look forward to using it again.  Make
some good food for me!
Lora