[CnD] Copy Of My Letter From August 12 On Deep Frying

Bonnie bon54 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 19 00:11:28 GMT 2011

Lora Leggett wrote:
> I use the Rival Cool Touch deep fryer.  I had to have mine replaced twice
> because of a power problem.  The second time they replaced it with a
> different model but it works the same way.  There are no real tactile marks
> but the slide control goes downward as the temperature goes higher.  The
> highest is 375 and I usually use 350.  It is just a little ways higher than
> all the way down and I just leave it set.  I really do not use the timer
> that it has, I just leave it in the On position and use other means to time.
> There is a Ready light but I just wait five to seven minutes after I plug it
> in to warm up the oil.
> It is so safe because the basket with the food drops down into the oil and
> you close the lid so no splashing.  You pull up the handle and drain the oil
> and take it out by the handle and I pour the food onto a cookie sheet with
> paper towels so as not to get it on the counter or the floor.
> Then i fill up the basket with another batch and wait just a few minutes for
> the oil to come back up to temperature.  I love it because I never fear
> getting burned or splashed.  There are two lines inside the metal pan where
> the oil goes and they are called minimum and maximum and you pour oil to a
> depth just in between those lines and check each time you use it because oil
> can evaporate.
> Unfortunately my deep fryer is on hold right now because my husband has just
> come home from his second hospital stay and is currently on a feeding tube
> and I am a newly diagnosed diabetic.  I will come back to it of course but
> too much going on right now so I do look forward to using it again.  Make
> some good food for me!
> Lora
>

> Laura, hello.  Don't know if you remember me or not, but I was in your class at the Seeing Eye when you got Peace.

I am Bonnie Adams, and I love the way you write.  I've been a diabetic
for four years now, and it's a real pain.

I'm on pills and insulin, and right now, I'm none the worse for wear.

I heard that you had married, (I don't remember how), so twenty years
later, congratulations!

Tell me, what have you been doing with your life?  Any chhildren?  I
have one, and he made it to forty, because I let him!  LOL.  Have lived
in Califoornia twice and The Boston area twice, and I am between dogs
now.  TSE turned me down for now, because of back problems, but if I get
another dog from there or anywhere, it will be #10.

Well, hope this reaches you.  Haven't had a lot of lluck sending email
lately.  Please, tell me what you have been doing, and about George.
Hope wwwe can chat.  Hugs.

Bonnie Adams