[CnD] Dinner Last Night-Chicken & Black Beans w/tomatoes

Dale cookinginthedark at att.net
Thu Aug 25 12:45:00 GMT 2011

Howdy Folks,
Well, with the opening of the new blind mice mart, I have been busy
to say the least with no time to really get in he kitchen and prepare a meal.
My wife started school again, she is a first grade teacher, so dinner
is once again on me to prepare and have ready when she returns home.
Strapped for time, I made a favorite of ours that Ann Bliss, you will
know her as Ann Morris, taught me.
In a 9 by 13 cake pan, i dumped in a large can of black
beans...Bush's of course (grin), added in a can of Hunt's diced
tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic over the beans, don't drain,
just dump it all in, and then placed 4 boneless skinless chicken
breasts on top.
I seasoned with a little black pepper, salt, and a smidgen of garlic powder.
I covered it with foil and tossed it into  a preheated 375 degree oven
and baked it for about 60 minutes...
About 10 minutes before it was done, I put some pasta on to boil and
threw together a salad.
After the pasta boiled for 10 minutes and was drained, i added about
a teaspoon or 2 of olive oil to the pasta and put it on our plates.
Over the pasta went a chicken breast which was then smothered with a
helping of the black beans and tomatoes!
Delicious!and quick...With about 10 minutes prep time and about 15
minutes of completion time, we had a delicious meal!
And there are leftovers for lunch today! Yummy!
Instead of the pasta, you can serve this over salad greens too!
Oh yeah, a little thing like simple bread and butter completes this meal!
Keep on Cooking,
Dale