[CnD] syrup recipe anyone? Absolute Best Pancake Syrup

Helen Whitehead hwhitehead at cogeco.ca
Thu Aug 25 17:23:14 GMT 2011


                Absolute Best Pancake Syrup
By: Melissa
"So good, you'll be licking the pan!"

This Kitchen Approved Recipe has an average star rating of 4.7


Prep Time:
5 Min
Cook Time:
5 Min
Ready In:
10 Min


Original Recipe Yield 2 1/2 cups

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Directions

1. Bring butter, sugar, buttermilk, vanilla extract, corn syrup, and 
cinnamon to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Once 
simmering, whisk
in baking soda, and cook for 10 seconds before removing from heat. Serve 
warm.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Sylvia Perez" <SPerez at lvib.org>
To: <cookinginthedark at acbradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 12:24 PM
Subject: [CnD] syrup recipe anyone?


> Does anyone have a recipe for home made syrup for all of those great
> pancake recipes?  I had a recipe a while ago but somehow don't have it
> anymore.  It was fabulous-cinamon flavored!
> 
> Sylvia 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cookinginthedark-bounces at acbradio.org
> [mailto:cookinginthedark-bounces at acbradio.org] On Behalf Of
> cookinginthedark-request at acbradio.org
> Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:00 AM
> To: cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
> Subject: Cookinginthedark Digest, Vol 23, Issue 47
> 
> Send Cookinginthedark mailing list submissions to
> cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://acbradio.org/mailman/listinfo/cookinginthedark
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> cookinginthedark-request at acbradio.org
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> cookinginthedark-owner at acbradio.org
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Cookinginthedark digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>   1.  need a pancake recipe please (Terra Syslo)
>   2.  Pancakes (Anna)
>   3.  Pancakes for 1 (Anna)
>   4.  Oven baked pancake (Anna)
>   5. Re:  Pancakes (Penny Reeder)
>   6. Re:  Pancakes (Anna)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 16:05:19 -0500
> From: "Terra Syslo" <tlsyslo at yahoo.com>
> To: <cookinginthedark at acbradio.org>
> Subject: [CnD] need a pancake recipe please
> Message-ID: <021801cc610f$33dc2190$9b9464b0$@com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> Does anyone have a pancake recipe that doesn't use biskwik? I want to
> make
> pancakes from scratch. Thanks.
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 18:18:18 -0600
> From: "Anna" <annagalassi at sasktel.net>
> To: <cookinginthedark at acbradio.org>
> Subject: [CnD] Pancakes
> Message-ID: <2FA8103B65E540F38BE9B654EFE71182 at galassianna>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> 
> Pancakes
> 
> 
> 
> 6 eggs, beaten
> 
> 1 can evaporated milk
> 
> 1 stick margarine, melted,
> 
> 1-1/2 cups regular milk
> 
> 3 c. flour
> 
> 6 T. baking powder
> 
> 
> 
> Method
> 
> 
> 
> 1. Mix ingredients together in order listed, mix well. 
> 
> 2. Let stand 10 minutes to rise.
> 
> 3. Spoon batter onto hot griddle and be patient; do not flip them until
> bubbles appear.
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 18:18:55 -0600
> From: "Anna" <annagalassi at sasktel.net>
> To: <cookinginthedark at acbradio.org>
> Subject: [CnD] Pancakes for 1
> Message-ID: <D9788FA0409E42A288108181B4EACA9A at galassianna>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> 
> PANCAKES FOR ONE
> 
> 
> 
> 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
> 
> 2 teaspoons wheat germ
> 
> 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
> 
> 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
> 
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
> 
> 1 egg
> 
> 1/2 cup buttermilk
> 
> 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
> 
> Butter and maple syrup
> 
> 
> 
> Method
> 
> 
> 
> 1. In a bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder and
> salt.
> 
> 2. In another bowl, beat egg; add buttermilk and oil. 
> 
> 3. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. 
> 
> 4. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn
> when bubbles form on top of pancakes. 
> 
> 5. Cook until the second side is golden brown. 
> 
> 6. Serve with butter and syrup. 
> 
> 7. Yield 1 Serving (3 pancakes)
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 18:21:14 -0600
> From: "Anna" <annagalassi at sasktel.net>
> To: <cookinginthedark at acbradio.org>
> Subject: [CnD] Oven baked pancake
> Message-ID: <BFC2F99569E446B7A7B9873BB71F1701 at galassianna>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> 
> Hi, if you want more let me no.
> 
> 
> 
> OVEN BAKED PANCAKE
> 
> 
> 
> 6 eggs
> 
> 1 c. all-purpose flour
> 
> 2 tsp. baking powder
> 
> 3/4 c. milk
> 
> 2 tbsp. butter, melted
> 
> 
> 
> Method
> 
> 
> 
> 1. Preheat oven to very hot, 450 degrees.
> 
> 2. Beat eggs until foamy.
> 
> 3. Combine flour and baking powder.
> 
> 4. Add flour mixture and milk to eggs, beginning and ending with flour
> and continuing to beat with mixer or food processor.
> 
> 5. Swirl butter in 10 inch ovenproof skillet or shallow casserole, being
> certain to 
> 
> cover sides well. 
> 
> 6. Pour egg mixture into skillet.
> 
> 7. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until puffed or golden. 
> 
> 8. To remove, slide a spatula round the edge. 
> 
> 9. Slice onto warm plate.
> 
> 10. Top with fruit preserves and sour cream. 
> 
> 11. Makes 4 servings.
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 20:28:42 -0400
> From: Penny Reeder <penny.reeder at gmail.com>
> To: cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
> Subject: Re: [CnD] Pancakes
> Message-ID:
> 
> <CALQHv=DkXADM4XiXz2X06amt8DU5G0MdMHYXcFjaCP0z_pCtnw at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> 
> What size can of evaporated milk, do you know?
> Thanks.
> Penny
> 
> On 8/22/11, Anna <annagalassi at sasktel.net> wrote:
>> Pancakes
>>
>>
>>
>> 6 eggs, beaten
>>
>> 1 can evaporated milk
>>
>> 1 stick margarine, melted,
>>
>> 1-1/2 cups regular milk
>>
>> 3 c. flour
>>
>> 6 T. baking powder
>>
>>
>>
>> Method
>>
>>
>>
>> 1. Mix ingredients together in order listed, mix well.
>>
>> 2. Let stand 10 minutes to rise.
>>
>> 3. Spoon batter onto hot griddle and be patient; do not flip them
> until
>> bubbles appear.
>> _______________________________________________
>> Cookinginthedark mailing list
>> Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
>> http://acbradio.org/mailman/listinfo/cookinginthedark
>>
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:38:36 -0600
> From: "Anna" <annagalassi at sasktel.net>
> To: <cookinginthedark at acbradio.org>
> Subject: Re: [CnD] Pancakes
> Message-ID: <C59DE0904E414EE38FF3797EE449A7DA at galassianna>
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
> reply-type=original
> 
> Hi, I don't no, I've never tried this recipe. I would guess the small
> size. 
> Or a regular size if there is one.Anna
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Penny Reeder" <penny.reeder at gmail.com>
> To: <cookinginthedark at acbradio.org>
> Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 6:28 PM
> Subject: Re: [CnD] Pancakes
> 
> 
>> What size can of evaporated milk, do you know?
>> Thanks.
>> Penny
>>
>> On 8/22/11, Anna <annagalassi at sasktel.net> wrote:
>>> Pancakes
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 6 eggs, beaten
>>>
>>> 1 can evaporated milk
>>>
>>> 1 stick margarine, melted,
>>>
>>> 1-1/2 cups regular milk
>>>
>>> 3 c. flour
>>>
>>> 6 T. baking powder
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Method
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 1. Mix ingredients together in order listed, mix well.
>>>
>>> 2. Let stand 10 minutes to rise.
>>>
>>> 3. Spoon batter onto hot griddle and be patient; do not flip them
> until
>>> bubbles appear.
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Cookinginthedark mailing list
>>> Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
>>> http://acbradio.org/mailman/listinfo/cookinginthedark
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Cookinginthedark mailing list
>> Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
>> http://acbradio.org/mailman/listinfo/cookinginthedark
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Cookinginthedark mailing list
> Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
> http://acbradio.org/mailman/listinfo/cookinginthedark
> 
> 
> End of Cookinginthedark Digest, Vol 23, Issue 47
> ************************************************
> _______________________________________________
> Cookinginthedark mailing list
> Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
> http://acbradio.org/mailman/listinfo/cookinginthedark


More information about the Cookinginthedark mailing list