[CnD] Maple syrup
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Thu Aug 25 22:54:50 GMT 2011
Aunt Jamima Maple Syrup
2 Cup Water
1 Cup Sugar
2 Cup Dark corn syrup
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Maple flavoring
1. Combine the first four ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir occasionally, until the mixture comes to a full boil.
3. Let it boil for 7 minutes.
4. Turn the heat off and let the syrup cool for 15 minutes.
5. Add the maple flavoring and stir.
6. When completely cool, transfer the syrup to a covered plastic or glass container.
1. For syrup with a butter flavor, just add 3 tbsp. of butter to the mixture before heating.
2. For a lighter syrup, use a sugar substitute instead of the regular sugar.
More information about the Cookinginthedark