[CnD] Hank's No Bake Oatmeal Cookies

gail johnson mama-gail at samobile.net
Fri Aug 26 21:09:21 GMT 2011

Hi,

My husband doesn't like sweet cookies.

I have tried various recipes of this kind without success.

Here is the one that finallyh pleases him.  They are not sweet.

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
one stick of no salt butter

I place these three ingredients in the s
auce pan until everything comes to a boil.

In a bowl I placed:

3 cups of oatmeal
1 cup of  coconut flakes
1/2 cup crunchy peanutbutter
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

After the butter mixture cooled enough to handle I poured it over the oats.
I mixed all the ingredients together and flattened them into cookies.

Most of the recipes called for 2 cups of sugar.
These come together but they are definitely on the dry side.