[CnD] Great Grandma Bohannon's Apple Crisp

Dale cookinginthedark at att.net
Fri Aug 26 23:56:10 GMT 2011

Here is an Apple Crisp that is easy, quick and simple...not to
mention delicious!
Great Grandma Bohannon's Apple Crisp

Ingredients:

5 or 6 Jonathon or other cooking apples*, peeled and sliced
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Spread sliced apples evenly in a baking pan.
In a medium bowl, cut together butter, flour, and sugar, until
mixture resembles
fine crumbs.
Sprinkle on top of apples. Bake for 40 minutes or until topping turns
golden brown.
*Notes from Dale: If an apple has delicious in its name, don't use it
for baking.  I use Granny Smith apples for this recipe too.  For a
change, try a couple of different apple types mixed together.
You can use peaches, pears or any fruit of your choice as a substitute.
Sometimes I will add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and a teaspoon of
apple pie spice to the sugar and flour mixture before cutting in the
butter. recipe!