[CnD] Lemon Crunch Cookies
hannah74 at mts.net
Sat Aug 27 04:20:45 GMT 2011
Lemon Crunch Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup soft butter or margarine
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups Bran Flakes cereal
1. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Mix in lemon rind and juice.
3. Stir in flour mixture and cereal until combined.
4. Drop by level tablespoon about 2 inches apart onto baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Flatten bottom of glass that has been lightly floured.
5. Bake at 350º for about 12 minutes, until light brown. Let cool for 2 minutes then remove to wire racks and cool completely. Store in airtight container.
YIELD: about 36 cookies
More information about the Cookinginthedark