[CnD] Tip: Buying Pork

Dale cookinginthedark at att.net
Sat Aug 27 15:43:51 GMT 2011

Hi All,
The next time you are in the mood for some pork chops, try asking for
pork country ribs...they are not actually ribs, but more like pork
steaks cut from the shoulder.
I normally get them about an inch thick which are perfect for
grilling or broiling.
Ask the butcher to cut them a little thinner if baking or frying.
These are delicious and  cheaper than the traditional pork chop.

I will take them, about 6 country ribs, and lay in a baking
dish...usually a 9 by 13 glass cake pan.
I will sometimes rub them first with a brisket or rib dry rub or just
season with salt and pepper.
After putting them in the pan, I smother them with  about 2 cups of
barbecue sauce.
Cover and bake at about 275 for 3 to 4 hours.
I will turn off the oven after 3 and a half hours and let them rest
in the oven while I prepare the rest of the meal!
Pork Country Ribs...check them out...better yet, eat them up!
Dale Campbell
Host: Cooking In The Dark
www.cookinginthedark.libsyn.com