[CnD] Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
hannah74 at mts.net
Sun Aug 28 15:34:09 GMT 2011
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
1 1/4 cups All-Bran cereal
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1. Line a 13 by 9 by 2 inch baking pan with Parchment Paper, extending paper up sides of pan; set aside.
2. In medium bowl, mix together cereal, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, egg, oil. Whisk in water and vanilla. Stir in cereal mixture until combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
4. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350ºF for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely, cut into bars. Store in airtight container.
Variations: Substitute half of flour with whole wheat flour. Add chopped nuts if desired.
YIELD: 18 bars
More information about the Cookinginthedark