[CnD] Date and Raisin Bars
hannah74 at mts.net
Sun Aug 28 15:56:33 GMT 2011
Date and Raisin Bars
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup All-Bran cereal
1 cup buttermilk (or sourced milk**)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup chopped dates
3/4 cup golden raisins
1. In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, mix together cereal and buttermilk. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
3. Add eggs and oil; beat well. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Stir in dates and raisins.
4. Spread batter evenly in 9 inch square baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Bake at 375ºF for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool, cut into bars. Wrap individually in plastic wrap to store.
** To sour milk, add 1 tablespoon vinegar.
YIELD: 18 bars
2.9 g Protein
23.4 g Carbohydrate
3.4 g Fat
2.8 g Dietary Fibre
More information about the Cookinginthedark