[CnD] Raspberry and Vanilla Yogurt Muffins
hannah74 at mts.net
Sun Aug 28 16:42:04 GMT 2011
Raspberry and Vanilla Yogurt Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cup All-Bran cereal
1 cup 2% vanilla flavour stirred yogurt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup 2% milk
2 cups Frozen Raspberries (do not thaw)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, mix together cereal and yogurt. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
3. Stir in eggs, oil and milk into cereal mixture; mix well.
4. In medium bowl, toss frozen raspberries with sugar. Remove 36 small berries (shaking off excess sugar) for the top; set aside. Add flour mixture and remaining berries and sugar to cereal mixture, stirring only until combined.
5. Spoon batter into 12 large muffin tins, coated with non-stick cooking spray or lined with muffin papers. Press 3 berries into the top of each.
6. Bake at 375ºF for 18 to 20 minutes or until browned and firm to the touch. Serve warm. If desired, dust tops with icing sugar sprinkled through a fine mesh strainer.
YIELD: 12 muffins
4.8 g Protein
39.1 g Carbohydrate
5.7 g Fat
4.6 g Dietary Fibre
More information about the Cookinginthedark