[CnD] last night's dinner

Carla Jo carlajobratton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 00:37:35 GMT 2011

This is what I did for dinner last night, tonight was big chef salads with a bunch of stuff out of the fridge.  But Tuesday night, we grilled chicken and veggies.  I had rubbed two large chicken breasts with Cavenders Greek seasoning.  I love this stuff, it is good on anything.  So, I took out my deep pan, my 5 quart Dutch oven  and put in about a stick of butter, then I did some fresh garlic on my little garlic slicer.  It makes the slices paper thin and they kind of melt into your sauce.  So, got that going, then put in about 1/2 cup of flour, stirred that up and cooked it for a couple of minutes to get the flour taste out of it.  Then I added some milk a bit at a time, until I got the consistency I wanted.  I was going for a light lemon cream sauce.  I then added the juice of 2 lemons and the juice of a jar of marinated artichoke hearts.  Then I cut the artichoke hearts up into my sauce, cut up the grilled chicken and threw in a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach.  Turned it on low, covered it and put it on the back burner.  Started a big pot of salted water to boil, cooked some angel hair pasta and grated up some fresh parmesan cheese.  Checked my sauce mixture and added a ladle full of the pasta water, to loosen it, but not too much.  Put it all together, put it in some pasta bowls and sprinkled the cheese on top.  Perfect!  I love doing grilled stuff ahead of time to make other dishes.
cj