[CnD] hi my first recipe

Rebecca Manners rebeccamanners at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 12 21:53:25 GMT 2011

Hi, everyone.

I just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Becky; I am from Georgia.

I have been on the list before, but I unsubscribed about a year ago.

Well, anyway, to keep this on topic, here’s a French toast recipe I’ve tried recently.

I do not fry; grease scares me.  LOL.  Anyway, this recipe turned out really well.

Enjoy,

Becky

baked french toast

2 large egg(s)

1/2 cup fat-free skim milk

2 tsp powdered sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

4 slice whole-wheat bread, thick

1 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220ºC). Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

2. Lightly beat eggs with a fork in a shallow bowl. Whisk in milk, sugar,

vanilla, and cinnamon.

3. Soak bread in egg mixture, then transfer to baking sheet. Sprinkle with

butter and bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.