[CnD] CHOCOLATE PUDDING

Shannon Hannah hannah74 at mts.net
Wed Jun 15 14:47:11 GMT 2011

I made this recipe last night and it turned out great. I used 1% milk and just a pinch of salt. After it was cooked and removed it from stove I added a teaspoon of butter like the bought cooked puddings and I think it added to it's creamy texture.
Shannon

CHOCOLATE PUDDING

3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2-1/4 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a 1-1/2 quart saucepan, combine the first 4 ingredients.  Gradually stir in the milk.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.  Boil for 1 minute.  Add vanilla.  Spoon into individual glasses and chill.
Serve cold.