[CnD] Home-made fudgy chocolate ice cream
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Sun Jun 19 11:03:03 GMT 2011
HOME-MADE FUDGY CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
5 oz Unsweetened chocolate
14 oz Sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
4 Egg yolks
2 ts Vanilla
2 c Half-and-half
2 c Whipping cream, unwhipped
1 c Chopped nuts, optional
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
2. In a large bowl, beat the chocolate, milk, egg yolks and vanilla.
3. Stir in the half-and- half, whipping cream, and nuts if desired.
4. Pour into ice cream freezer container and prepare as normal.
5. Store leftovers in freezer. Makes about 1.5 quarts.
More information about the Cookinginthedark