[CnD] Chocolate chocolate chip ice cream
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Sun Jun 19 11:04:04 GMT 2011
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Yield: 2 quarts
2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE SemiSweet
Chocolate Morsels, divided
1 1/4 cups (14-ounce can) NESTLÉ CARNATION Sweetened Condensed Milk
4 cups half-and-half
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Heat 1 cup morsels and sweetened condensed milk in large, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes until morsels are melted.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Gradually stir in half-and-half and vanilla extract.
4. POUR into ice cream maker.
5. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
6. Coarsely chop remaining morsels and add halfway through freezing.
1. Pour prepared ice cream mixture into 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
2. Freeze for 2 hours or until almost firm.
3. Spoon into large mixer bowl; beat until smooth but still frozen.
4. Stir in chopped morsels.
5. Return to pan; cover tightly.
6. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight until firm.
More information about the Cookinginthedark