[CnD] Pineapple upside-down cake
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Mon Jun 20 18:36:09 GMT 2011
Pineapple Ppside-Down Cake
2 8 oz. cans pineapple in light syrup
2 c light brown sugar
1/3 c melted butter
2 c flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 c veg shortening
7/8 c buttermilk
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. drain pineapple; reserve 2 Tbsp. of the syrup.
3. In a small mixing bowl combine half of the brown sugar with the melted butter and the reserved pineapple syrup.
4. Spread evenly over the bottom of a 9-inch cake pan.
5. Arrange the 8 pineapple rings on the top.
6. In a mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
7. In a large mixing bowl cream shortening with the remaining 1 c. of brown sugar.
8. Add egg and beat until light and fluffy.
9. Alternately mix in dry ingredients and buttermilk adding a little at a time and beating well after each edition.
10. Continue beating until the batter is smooth.
11. spoon batter over the pineapple rings.
12. Scrape the remaining batter into the pan.
13. Bake on middle shelf in the oven for 55 to 50 minutes.
14. Let pan cool on a rack for 5 minutes.
15. Invert onto a serving dish and remove pan.
16. Serve warm.
More information about the Cookinginthedark