[CnD] Chicken and rice casserole

Sheila Rieger zebby at telus.net
Thu Jun 23 23:08:01 GMT 2011

I like these  very simple but tasty kind of
recipes, but I don't have a crock pot and have never used one.
I would like to adapt them to a skillet with lid
on top of the stove and am thinking that some
more liquid would be needed.  Do you think a soup
can of water added and cook for about twenty
minutes for white rice to cook would be the anser?
Am I right in thinking that the use of a slow
cooker holds in the steam and therefore less liquid is needed.
General advice on adapting crock pot recipes to
top of stove would be apreciated.  Thanks.

Sheila,
Vancouver, Canada.