[CnD] Rice casserole with broccoli and cheese
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 24 20:44:44 GMT 2011
Rice Casserole With Broccoli And Cheese
1 pound small mushrooms halved
4 tbsp butter
½ cup diced onion
1 tbsp flour
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
8 oz package garlic and herb cream cheese
4 cups raw broccoli, cut in to bite size pieces
4 cups cooked rice
1. Fry mushrooms in 2 tbsp of butter until golden brown.
2. Remove from pan.
3. Saute onions in remaining butter until soft and golden.
4. Stir flour in to the onion and butter.
5. Add chicken broth and boil until thickened.
6. Reduce heat to low.
7. Slowly stir in cheese until it is well mixed.
8. In a 2 quart casserole dish, layer broccoli, mushrooms, and rice.
9. Pour the sauce over the mixture and poke with a knife allowing some sauce to filter
to the bottom.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
11. Serves 6.
More information about the Cookinginthedark