[CnD] dinner tonight

Carla Jo carlajobratton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 23:39:52 GMT 2011

Since my husband Scott had to have eye surgery, we aren't grilling this summer.  It's not that I can't, I just don't like it, not at all and he just can't.  So, making changes, I am fixing deconstructed steak kabobs tonight.  1 large ribeye steak cut into chunks and marinated in my favorite steak marinade
1 large bell pepper cut into big chunks
about 1 cup of the little grape or cherub tomatoes
1 6 ounce package whole fresh mushrooms
4 fat cloves of garlic
1 onion, cut into chunks
I cut up everything and layered it like this in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish
steak, half of the garlic, peeled and cut into fat slices, then the pepper, tomatoes, the onion  mushrooms with the rest of the garlic.  I did sprinkle some dried parsley and some dried basil in among the layers of veggies, mixed up a bit more marinade, a little olive oil, some aged wishtershire sauce and a dash of soy and a dash of hot sauce, poured that on top, covered it with foil and popped into a oven set at about 350.  I'll go and take the foil off after about a half an hour and let everything brown up a bit. So, we'll see how it works.
happy weekend everybody!
Carla jo