[CnD] A Few Questions

Nicole Massey nyyki at gypsyheir.com
Sat Jun 25 21:05:55 GMT 2011

Please include the number of which one or ones you're responding to so I
don't get confused.

1. Anyone got a good recipe for cooking tilapia in a crock pot? I'm going to
use them in something else, so seasoning isn't a big issue.

2. Anyone got good boiling times for shrimp? I think they're probably 21-35
count.

3. Anyone know of a good talking oven thermometer? My gas oven is sometimes
erratic in its temperature, so I need a way to check what it's gotten up to.

4. Anyone got a good option for keeping track of recipes? I'd like to find
something that also handles modifications for serving number, creating
grocery lists, and if possible calculating nutritional information. I've
been using Meal Master, but that means going into a DOS mode, and that way
lies madness. (That said, I still tend to document recipes in that format,
as it's fairly universally read because of its proliferation when it was the
best thing going) I'd like to find something that works well with Jaws if
possible. I've talked to a lot of VR trainers and other folks in the blind
support community, and have come up with bupkus -- it's like I'm asking for
a Jaws compatible Pomeranian or something.

5. Anyone got any really good bread machine recipes? I'd like to move out of
just using the boxed stuff from the store.

I think that's enough for now. Looking (well, not looking exactly, since I
can't see) forward to what y'all say in response.