[CnD] A Quick Intro

steph stephieb1961 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 27 03:55:00 GMT 2011

Welcome to this wonderful list. I know you'll enjoy the hints and
tricks learnt on here.

Steph

At 10:37 PM 6/26/2011, you wrote:
>Hey all I'm new to the list but wanted to say HI! and note this is my
>first list of this type so it will be a learning experience to get
>used to.
>
>Just a little about me then on to stuff about cooking as this IS a
>cooking list. I'm 27 or will be in August and have been blind now for
>almost a year. I lost the last of my sight last year a few days after
>my birthday [happy birthday to me =p]. I was half blind before tha t
>and manage just fine. Now it's a whole new world, even since I had
>half sight the sight was pretty good. So... stuff like cooking was not
>so hard, well easier than it is now.
>
>Before this becomes a novel I must say THANK YOU to the Cooking in the
>Dark host for the restoration of a much loved breakfast of fried egg
>sammich thanks to  a microwave. I have wanted one for a while now and
>just yesterday had one made by myself.
>
>Speaking of breakfast I have found pre cooked bacon at Wal Mart for
>2.68 for about 16 pieces. A bit pricy but since I have no bacon press
>or bacon cooker for the microwave it works out great and tastes great
>too!
>
>I hope to toss out little nuggets and gain some in return as I
>navigate my new sightless world in the kitchen, a place I hope to
>spend  alot of time in as I do enjoy it despite how hard it can be at
>times, even with sight back then!
>
>Thanks all and sorry for the novel!
>
>--
>~Sarah

For all your audio production needs and technology training, visit us at

www.affordablestudioservices.com
or contact
Chris Belle
cb1963 at sbcglobal.net
or
Stephie Belle
stephieb1961 at sbcglobal.net
for customized web design

We should 'love to be concealed, and little esteemed; be content to
lack praise, never be troubled when thou art slighted or
undervalued.' We need to remind ourselves that our value springs from
God's love. We find our truest identities in the midst of His unmerited grace."

Jeremy Taylor

     I have held many things in my hands, and have lost them
all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still
possess.
     ... Martin Luther

"A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their
contentions are like the bars of a castle." Proverbs 18 19. KJV