[CnD] fried eggs in the pan

jan brown janbrown at samobile.net
Mon Jun 27 15:18:15 GMT 2011

I hate fried eggs personally, but my late husband loved them. No cause
and effect there. Anyhow, What I used to do was melt a little butter in
a frying pan, crack the egg into it and turn up the heat for about two
seconds. Then, turn it down to where you can scarcely hear it crackle
and cook about ten minutes. Take out with a flipper and eat.
I do scrambled eggs all the time and often mix with grits.
Grits.
for two nice servings get two cups water in sauce pan. add one half cup
quick, not instant grits and cook much like oatmeal. Add salt pepper
and a  little butter as you cook. When it gets thick, turn it off and
set aside.
Then, Take a skillet, melt butter, not too much, and add four eggs.
Make sure you broke the yolks. Your hands will tell the tale.
Using a woodden spoon to stir, cook them over moderate heat. Add salt
pepper and whatever you like for seasonings. Keep circling the pan as
you stir to get it off the edges. When done to your liking, mix it with
the grits. We like it a lot in this household.
Jan