[CnD] In Reply To: A Quick Intro

Lora Leggett kc8gmt at comcast.net
Mon Jun 27 15:35:01 GMT 2011

I have been blind since birth and have no problem using a frying pan.  I
just melt a little bit of butter in it with the heat at about medium.  Then
I crack the egg in a measuring cup.  If you are making an egg sandwich or
muffin, mix the egg in the cup with a whisk for about one minute, to make
sure you mix it up well.  If you want to keep the whole yolk crack it very
carefully into the cup and pour it very gently into the pan after it has
started heating up.
because you want your butter or whatever you are using to melt before you
pour the egg into the pan.
After I pour it I cover the pan.  I use a small frying pan because I don't
have any of those egg rings and I would be afraid of missing anyway if I
tried to pour into the ring.  So just use a small pan.
I leave the heat on somewhere between medium and high with the cover on for
about 2 minutes and listen for it to make sizzling sounds.  When I think
enough time has gone by I turn off the heat and slide the pan off the jet
and over to the middle of the stove.  I leave it covered another minute or
two and occasionally sprinkle some shredded Cheddar cheese onto the egg.
After it cools about 2 more minutes or the time it takes to go do something
when your husband wants something, you can come back and very carefully pick
up the egg and put it on your bread or muffin with a spatula.  I have been
married 37 years and this did not come easy overnight.  It was frustrating
and they looked awful at first but now George says they are perfect.  I
guess better stove,m better pans, real butter instead of margarine.  I have
been successful with margarine and also shortening when I was out of butter.
Shrotening you have to be a little more careful about sticking though.
But with a little practice it is pretty easy.  Now I will be darned if I can
ever get the hang of pancakes.  I am still looking for a success at that.
Lora