[CnD] In Reply To: fried eggs in the pan

Nicole Massey nyyki at gypsyheir.com
Mon Jun 27 17:07:33 GMT 2011

Grits consists of ground hominy, which is a product of corn soaked in brine
until it swells. I've been told by a friend (who was aghast one morning as I
sugared my grits) that it's an acronym for Girls Raised In The South. (I
doubt that's true, though)

It's a versatile grain, though -- I have a Chilie Cheese Grits recipe
somewhere in my huge list of recipes from my grandmother that is very good
-- if I can locate it I'll post it.