[CnD] strawberry bread: Special Strawberry Bread

Helen Whitehead hwhitehead at cogeco.ca
Mon Jun 27 20:48:01 GMT 2011

Special Strawberry Bread

2 c  Frozen unsweetened whole
Strawberrys, thawed (reserve
Juice
1 3/4 c  Flour
1 ts Baking soda
1/4 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Cinnamon
1/2 c  Butter
1 c  Sugar
2 lg Eggs
1/4 c  Strawberry juice, from
Reserve
1 tb Lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Puree strawberries using blender, food
processor or strainer. You should have 1 cup of puree. Mix flour,
baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in large bowl. Cream
butter. Using medium bowl, add sugar, then eggs till well-combined.
Alternately add dry ingredients, strawberry juice and lemon juice to
butter mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Stir in
strawberry puree. Pour batter into standard-sized loaf pan or two
smaller (approximately 3x7-inch) loaf pans that have been
well-greased. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour
for a full-sized loaf, 50 minutes for smaller loaves. Cool 10 minutes
in pan; turn out on wire rack to finish cooling. Wrap and store 24
hours before slicing.