[CnD] strawberry bread: Strawberry Jam Bread recipe

Helen Whitehead hwhitehead at cogeco.ca
Mon Jun 27 20:51:42 GMT 2011

Strawberry Jam Bread recipe

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
4 eggs
1 cup strawberry jam
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup chopped nuts

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.

Combine flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda; set aside.

Combine sugar, butter, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a large mixing
bowl; cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
after
each addition.

Stir together jam and buttermilk; add to creamed mixture alternately with
dry ingredients, mixing just until blended. Stir in nuts.

Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 55 minutes or until bread
tests done. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pans onto cooling racks.