[CnD] Strawberry bread
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Mon Jun 27 22:24:39 GMT 2011
Hi, here is one. I've never tried it.
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2tsp. almond extract
1 1/4 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 tsp. soda
2 eggs well beaten
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Mix remaining ingredients well and add to dry ingredients.
3. Mix just until liquids coat flour.
4. Pour into greased loaf pan (9x5) and bake approximately 1 hour at 350 degrees.
1 10 oz carton frozen strawberries thawed
1 cup unsalted butter softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix until blended and smooth.
3. Store in refrigerator.
4. Makes 1 3/4 cup.
More information about the Cookinginthedark