[CnD] Strawberry nut bread
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Mon Jun 27 22:32:48 GMT 2011
Strawberry Nut Bread
2 (10-ounce) packages of frozen, sliced strawberries
1 cup cooking oil
1 cup sugar
3 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cup chopped nuts
1. Defrost strawberries.
2. Beat eggs in a bowl until fluffy.
3. Add cooking oil, sugar and defrosted strawberries.
4. Sift together flour, cinnamon, soda and salt into a mixing bowl.
5. Add strawberry mixture and mix until well blended.
6. Stir in nuts.
7. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9- 1/2 x 5 x 3 or 8-1/2 x 4-l/2 x 2-1/2 inch loaf pans.
8. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until done.
9. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out of pans and cool on racks.
10. Makes 2 loaves.
11. Makes 8-10 servings.
1. This bread slices best then chilled.
2. May be sliced and warmed to serve with butter or sliced thinly and spread with whipped cream cheese and served with fruit salad for lunch or used to
make tea sandwiches.
More information about the Cookinginthedark