[CnD] Spaghetti meat sauce
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Wed Jun 29 03:03:14 GMT 2011
SPAGHETTI MEAT SAUCE
1/2 pound sweet or hot Italian link sausage
1 pound ground chuck
1 pound round steak or stewing beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 medium onions, chopped
1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons leaf basil
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 cans (16 ounces each) Italian-style tomatoes, broken up
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1. Remove sausage from casings; brown in skillet with ground chuck
and cubed meat.
2. Break up sausage and ground meat with wooden spoon or fork as they brown; drain well.
3. Add to Crock-Pot with remaining ingredients; stir well.
4. Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 16 hours or on High for 4 to 6 hours. 5. For thicker sauce, cook on High for last 2 hours, removing cover
for last hour.
1. This sauce may be made 1 to 2 days in advance and refrigerated.
2. It also freezes well.
More information about the Cookinginthedark