[CnD] Easy crockpot spaghetti sauce
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Wed Jun 29 03:05:11 GMT 2011
Easy Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
8 ounces Italian sausage
1 pound lean ground beef
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes with juice
1 cup chopped onion
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
1 to 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons dried leaf basil
ground red pepper or red pepper flakes, if desired
1. Remove sausage from casings; brown in a heavy skillet along with ground beef.
2. Break up sausage and ground beef while browning; drain well.
3. Add sausage and beef to crockpot, along with all remaining ingredients.
4. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours or HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
5. Serves 8 to 10.
1. This sauce can be frozen.
More information about the Cookinginthedark