[CnD] Blueberry banana oat bread
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Wed Jun 29 18:11:08 GMT 2011
BLUEBERRY BANANA OAT BREAD
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
2 tablespoons oat bran
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1-1/2 cups mashed bananas
3/4 cup frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl, stir together flour, oats, oat bran,
sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat oil,
egg and banana until combined.
5. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
6. Gently fold in frozen blueberries.
7. Spoon into prepared pan.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 70 to 80 minutes or until
a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
10. Remove from pan and serve warm.
More information about the Cookinginthedark