[CnD] Blueberry orange bread
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Wed Jun 29 18:11:36 GMT 2011
Blueberry Orange Bread
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup boiling water
1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons honey
1. Combine butter and boiling water in a small bowl; add 1 tablespoon grated orange peel and 1/2 cup orange juice.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat egg and granulated sugar with an electric hand-held mixer until light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; add to egg mixture a little at a time, alternating with orange juice mixture, ending with flour mixture.
4. Fold in blueberries.
5. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool bread in pan 10 minutes; remove to wire rack.
8. Combine 1 teaspoon orange rind, 2 tablespoons orange juice, and 2 tablespoons
honey, mixing well.
9. Spoon over hot bread; let cool.
More information about the Cookinginthedark