[CnD] Blueberry almond bars
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Wed Jun 29 18:12:14 GMT 2011
Blueberry Almond Bars
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 12-ounce package (2 cups) white baking pieces
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup blueberry jam
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Add 1 cup of the baking pieces (do not stir).
4. Set aside.
5. Grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
6. Set aside.
7. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar.
8. Add butter mixture to egg mixture; stir just until combined.
9. Stir in almond extract.
10. In a small bowl, stir together the flour and salt.
11. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; stir just until combined.
12. Spread half of the batter into prepared pan.
13. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
14. Remove from oven.
15. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt jam over low heat, stirring occasionally.
16. Spread melted jam evenly over warm crust.
17. Stir the remaining 1 cup of baking pieces into the remaining batter.
18. Drop the batter in small mounds onto the jam filling.
19. Sprinkle with almonds.
20. Bake about 35 minutes more or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and top is lightly browned.
21. Cool on a wire rack.
22. Cut into bars.
23. Makes 16 bars.
More information about the Cookinginthedark