[CnD] Blueberry buckle coffee cake
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Wed Jun 29 18:13:15 GMT 2011
Blueberry Buckle Coffeecake
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup milk
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh blueberries (frozen/thawed
blueberries can be used if you don't have fresh)
Crumb topping - recipe follows
Glaze - recipe follows
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease 9-inch round pan or 9-inch square pan.
3. Mix flour, sugar, shortening, milk, baking powder, salt and egg in large bowl.
4. Beat 30 seconds with spoon.
5. Carefully stir in blueberries.
6. Spread batter in pan.
7. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
8. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Drizzle with Glaze and serve warm.
10. Makes 8 servings.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
1. Mix all ingredients until crumbly.
2. Sprinkle over batter.
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 teaspoons milk
1. Mix all ingredients until smooth.
2. Drizzle over warm cake.
More information about the Cookinginthedark