[CnD] Slow Cooker Corn And Fish Chowder

gail johnson mama-gail at samobile.net
Thu Jun 30 20:51:24 GMT 2011

Slow Cooker Corn And Fish Chowder (uses Talapia)

Cooking Time: 3 hr

Ingredients:

3 medium potatoes, cubed
1 can (540 ml) corn kernels
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 leafy celery sticks, finely chopped
2 Tbsp butter or canola oil
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
5 Tilapia fillets, cubed (approx. 500 gr or 1lb) – I used frozen.
1/2 to 1 tsp Harissa paste (depending of how tangy you want your soup to be)
1 cup chopped parsley
2 bay leafs
1 liter (4 cups) chicken, fish or vegetable broth
1 dry shiitake mushroom
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup heavy cream

Preparation:

1. In a microwave safe bowl, place onions, celery, oil and flour. Mix
well and cook for about 3 minutes, until the onions are translucent and
smell nice.

2. Put onion mixture in your slow cooker with the rest of the
ingredients, all except the cream.

3. Cook for a minimum of 3 hours on LOW. At that point, my potatoes
were already soft and the fish well cooked but I definitely think It
could cook for another hour or two if needed.

4. Add the cream. Discard the mushroom (or eat it.