[CnD] Hershey's chocolate chocolate cake

Shannon Wells OLDTIMECHRISTIAN at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 23:01:46 GMT 2011

Chocolate Cake

2 cups sugar

1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup Hershey’s Cocoa

1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

1 cup milk

1/2 cup vegetable oil

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 cup boiling water

CHOCOLATE FROSTING recipe follows

Directions:

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan...
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan
Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely.

FROSTING

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine

2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa

3 cups powdered sugar

1/3 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading

consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About

2 cups frosting.

Notes: You can half up cake battter and pour in to 9 inch round cake pans, then layer them, if you want. The baking time for round cakes is 25 to 30 minutes at 350.
Instead of the 1/2 cup oil, I used 1/2 cup sour cream, because my grandfather can't eat anything with oil in it. It was moist, but a bit dense. Didn't change the flavor though. This cake is good with any flavor icing, including peanut butter icing. Found this recipe online, somewhere. enjoy
Shannon Wells