[CnD] recommended cookbooks

Abby Vincent aevincent at ca.rr.com
Thu Feb 2 00:38:56 GMT 2012

Thanks to the internet and lists like this one, I don't use cookbooks as
much as I used to.  The ones I find most useful are "The Joy of Cooking" and
the Sunset magazine series.  The Joy of Cooking is a reference manual for
standard American cooking.  It will tell you how long to cook various
roasts, how to use potatoes and vegetables as side dishes, and how to do
popular desserts such as apple pie.  Ethnic cooking ... tofurkey, not so
much.

The Sunset series is for the California life style.  There's lots of
barbecue sauces and rib recipes, salads.  There's a book for standard
holiday recipes that's really great, especially the Christmas Eve chocolate
fondue.