[CnD] Dale Is A Help To All

Charles Rivard wee1sman at fidnet.com
Thu Feb 2 13:27:53 GMT 2012

Keep in mind that the PenFriend does not read universal bar codes that are
on supermarket items.  It reads what you stick on things after you record
the label you want to be heard.  A can of corn with a dot that has a
recorded message on it will be identified, while a can in the store that you
have not labeled will not be identified.  I hope this didn't sound too
confusing.  In short, you do all the labeling.  It plays back the recordings
you made.

If you want to be able to identify items in the supermarket that have bar
codes on them, you would be better off, if you can afford one, to buy a bar
code reader such as those from

www.envisionamerica.com

such as the ID Mate, Omni, or Summit bar code readers.