[CnD] MAKE-AHEAD BREAKFAST COFFEE CAKE

Becky rebeca721 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 18:38:04 GMT 2012


Hi there, this recipe sounds awesome.
But I was wondering if I could substitute the yogurt with sour cream?

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 1, 2012, at 10:41 AM, "marilyn deweese" <mldeweese15511 at frontier.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the confusion.  Here is the corrected recipe.
> 
> MAKE-AHEAD BREAKFAST COFFEE CAKE
> 
> 
> 
> Coffee Cake:
> 
> 
> 
> 2 c. all purpose flour
> 
> 1/2 tsp. salt
> 
> 1 tsp. cinnamon
> 
> 1 tsp. baking soda
> 
> 1 tsp. baking powder
> 
> 2 c. granulated sugar
> 
> 1/2 c. brown sugar
> 
> 2/3 c. butter
> 
> 2 eggs
> 
> 1 c. plain yogurt (or buttermilk)
> 
> 1 tsp. vanilla
> 
> 
> 
> Topping:
> 
> 
> 
> 1/2 c. brown sugar
> 
> 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
> 
> 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
> 
> 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
> 
> 
> 
> Cake:
> 
> 
> 
> In a large bowl, cream together butter,  brown sugar,  1 cup of the granulated sugar.   . Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
> 
> 
> 
> In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and 1 cup granulated sugar. Mix well. Stir in brown sugar and mix well.
> 
> 
> 
> Melt butter, allow to cool and stir in yogurt. Add the butter and yogurt mixture alternately with the flour mixture to the large bowl (with the butter,
> 
> sugar and eggs). Stir in vanilla; turn batter out into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
> 
> 
> 
> Topping:
> 
> 
> 
> Combine ingredients for topping and sprinkle over the top of batter.
> 
> 
> 
> Refrigerate for up to 12 hours before baking. Batter may thicken slightly; stir in a small amount of milk if needed to thin batter.
> 
> 
> 
> Bake in a preheated 350°F oven until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean (about 35 minutes).
> 
> 
> 
> Servings: 15.  Enjoy.
> 
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ranveig / voice of joy" <voiceofjoy83 at gmail.com>
> To: <cookinginthedark at acbradio.org>
> Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:40 PM
> Subject: Re: [CnD] MAKE-AHEAD BREAKFAST COFFEE CAKE
> 
> 
> I'd like to make this cake, cause this recipe sounds really nice. :)
> but where is the sugar going to be added? it says to be added twice..
> once to the butter, and once to the flour (before the sugar mix?
> 
> greetings from - Ranveig - :)
> 
> 2012/1/30, marilyn deweese <mldeweese15511 at frontier.com>:
>> MAKE-AHEAD BREAKFAST COFFEE CAKE
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Coffee Cake:
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 2 c. all purpose flour
>> 
>> 1/2 tsp. salt
>> 
>> 1 tsp. cinnamon
>> 
>> 1 tsp. baking soda
>> 
>> 1 tsp. baking powder
>> 
>> 1 c. sugar
>> 
>> 1/2 c. brown sugar
>> 
>> 2/3 c. butter
>> 
>> 2 eggs
>> 
>> 1 c. plain yogurt (or buttermilk)
>> 
>> 1 tsp. vanilla
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Topping:
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 1/2 c. brown sugar
>> 
>> 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
>> 
>> 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
>> 
>> 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Cake:
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time,
>> beating well after each addition.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda,
>> and 1 cup granulated sugar. Mix well. Stir in brown sugar and mix well.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Melt butter, allow to cool and stir in yogurt. Add the butter and yogurt
>> mixture alternately with the flour mixture to the large bowl (with the
>> butter,
>> 
>> sugar and eggs). Stir in vanilla; turn batter out into a greased 9x13-inch
>> pan.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Topping:
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Combine ingredients for topping and sprinkle over the top of batter.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Refrigerate for up to 12 hours before baking. Batter may thicken slightly;
>> stir in a small amount of milk if needed to thin batter.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Bake in a preheated 350°F oven until a wooden pick inserted in center of
>> cake comes out clean (about 35 minutes).
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Servings: 15.  Enjoy.
>> _______________________________________________
>> Cookinginthedark mailing list
>> Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
>> http://acbradio.org/mailman/listinfo/cookinginthedark
>> 
> _______________________________________________
> Cookinginthedark mailing list
> Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
> http://acbradio.org/mailman/listinfo/cookinginthedark 
> _______________________________________________
> Cookinginthedark mailing list
> Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
> http://acbradio.org/mailman/listinfo/cookinginthedark


More information about the Cookinginthedark mailing list