[CnD] Macaroni and cheese with uncooked macaroni.

ajackson212 at att.net ajackson212 at att.net
Mon Feb 6 12:23:10 GMT 2012

Hi everyone,

Some one posted a recipe to this list for a version of mac. and cheese with uncooked macaroni.  It consists of:
1 can Cheddar cheese soup, 1/2 can water 1/2 can milk and 1 cup pasta, (rotini, I think).
Combine all ingredients and boil gently for 20 minutes.  Makes one serving.

I've done this and it works well.

Yesterday, I made a variation of this using small bowtie pasta, cream of chicken soup and frozen meatballs, for what I call "Quick Swedish Meatballs with noodles".

I added some minced garlic, about 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg and a good dash of pepper to the soup mixture.  After about ten minutes of boiling, I thawed the meatballs in the microwave and added them to the pot.  It turned out to be a tasty dish.

Happy cooking!
Alice